Polish Synchrotron Radiation Society
A nonprofit organization gathering enthusiasts of synchrotron radiation (SR) application in science. The statutory goals are scientific and educational activities promoting SR, including strong lobbying in favour of construction and scientific applications of the first Polish synchrotron SOLARIS.
Since its establishing in 1991 the Society has showed outstanding activity:
– organizing conferences and schools: International School on Synchrotron Radiation in Natural Science (ISSRNS) biennially (even years) and the National Symposium of Synchrotron Radiation Users (KSUPS) biennially (odd years),
– providing Polish representation in international bodies,
– easing access of Polish scientists to large world scientific infrastructure (synchrotrons and free electron lasers),
– broadcasting to the community information about relevant events, activities, providing link to the international community,
– publishing Bulletins of the Polish Synchrotron Radiation Society (already 15 volumes- see Bulletines tab PSRS bulletines ) as well as other post-conference materials (publications in international journals) and educational materials (in Polish).
PSRS is one of the most active scientific societies in Poland.
worth to read
Dear Members and Friends of the Polish Synchrotron Radiation Society, We would like to inform you that on March 5, 2020 the Society Board decided to open the call for proposals under the third edition of the PSRS Award competition. The schedule for this competition is as follows: until September 30,
The first scientific article presenting research performed at SOLARIS beamline has been published in a prestigious Nature Research journal – Scientific Reports. The authors investigate one-directional anisotropy induced by exchange interactions (exchange bias)- the phenomenon already known for over 60 years. The most often it is observed in double layers AFM/FM
The Jury of the PSRS Prize decided to award the following prizes in 2018: The award for the doctoral dissertation Award for Bartosz Sekuła for a doctoral thesis entitled: “Structural studies of equine serum albumin (ESA) in complexes with ligands of therapeutic significance“. The award for scientific or review publication
In addition to the annual, one-month long HERCULES school (http://hercules-school.eu) organised in Grenoble and partner sites in March 2019, THE HERCULES SCHOOL AND THE SOLARIS NATIONAL SYNCHROTRON RADIATION CENTRE ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THE FIRST ‘HERCULES REGIONAL SCHOOL’ http://www.synchrotron.uj.edu.pl/hercules This one-week school: * will take place at the SOLARIS NATIONAL SYNCHROTRON RADIATION
ON SEPTEMBER 9-11, 2020, THE FIRST JOINT MEETING OF MEMBERS OF THE POLISH SYNCHROTRON RADIATION SOCIETY (PTPS) AND USERS OF THE NATIONAL SOLAR SYNCHROTRON RADIATION CENTER (NCPS). This meeting is the result of a very close, long-term cooperation between PTPS and NCPS SOLARIS. The Polish Synchrotron Radiation Society has been
ON SEPTEMBER 9-11, 2020, THE FIRST JOINT MEETING OF MEMBERS OF THE POLISH SYNCHROTRON RADIATION SOCIETY (PTPS) AND USERS OF THE NATIONAL SOLAR SYNCHROTRON RADIATION CENTER (NCPS). This meeting is the result of a very close, long-term cooperation between PTPS and NCPS SOLARIS. The Polish Synchrotron Radiation Society has been…