- Written by Pawel
- Hits: 223
The Jury of the PSRS Prize decided to award the following prizes in 2018:
The award for the doctoral dissertation
Award for Bartosz Sekuła for a doctoral thesis entitled: "Structural studies of equine serum albumin (ESA) in complexes with ligands of therapeutic significance".
The award for scientific or review publication
Award for A.J. Morgan, M. Prasciolu, A. Andrejczuk, J. Krzywinski, A. Meents, D. Pennicard, H. Graafsma, A. Barty, R.J. Bean, M. Barthelmess, D. Oberthuer, O. Yefanov, A. Aquila, H. N. Chapman, S. Bajt
for their paper "High numerical aperture multilayer Laue lenses", Scientific Reports 5:09892 (2015). [Read more]
For the activities for the synchrotron community
Award for Krystyna Ławniczak-Jabłońska for her contribution to organizing Poland's return to ESRF and Poland's participation in FEL (Hamburg).
We would like to congratulate all the honored people.
- Written by Pawel
- Hits: 1255
In addition to the annual, one-month long HERCULES school (http://hercules-school.eu)
organised in Grenoble and partner sites in March 2019, THE HERCULES SCHOOL AND THE
SOLARIS NATIONAL SYNCHROTRON RADIATION CENTRE ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE
THE FIRST ‘HERCULES REGIONAL SCHOOL’ http://www.synchrotron.uj.edu.pl/hercules
This one-week school:
* will take place at the SOLARIS NATIONAL SYNCHROTRON RADIATION CENTRE IN KRAKÓW, POLAND
* FROM 4 TO 9 NOVEMBER 2018
* is TARGETED TOWARDS NEW USERS OF SYNCHROTRON RADIATION, coming from East and South-East
Europe countries (including EU-associated countries) as well as Portugal.
The course will consist of LECTURES, PRACTICALS and TUTORIALS covering
topics in SYNCHROTRON RADIATION, including:
* _Introduction to synchrotron radiation and interaction with matter_
* _Spectroscopy and absorption_
* _Powder Diffraction_
* _Imaging techniques_
* _Biology and soft condensed matter_
* _ARPES and XPEEM_
* _Introduction to neutron_
* _Introduction to XFEL_
The school will include THREE HALF-DAYS OF TUTORIALS AND PRACTICALS on
SOLARIS beamlines and associated laboratories.
* IS OPEN UNTIL 23 SEPTEMBER 2018
* Participants (up to 24) will be selected and the participation confirmed by 2 October 2018
MORE INFORMATION is available from the SCHOOL WEBSITE:
Page 1 of 2