Polish Synchrotron Radiation Society
A nonprofit organization gathering enthusiasts of synchrotron radiation (SR) application in science. The statutory goals are scientific and educational activities promoting SR, including strong lobbying in favour of construction and scientific applications of the first Polish synchrotron SOLARIS.
Since its establishing in 1991 the Society has showed outstanding activity:
– organizing conferences and schools: International School on Synchrotron Radiation in Natural Science (ISSRNS) biennially (even years) and the National Symposium of Synchrotron Radiation Users (KSUPS) biennially (odd years),
– providing Polish representation in international bodies,
– easing access of Polish scientists to large world scientific infrastructure (synchrotrons and free electron lasers),
– broadcasting to the community information about relevant events, activities, providing link to the international community,
– publishing Synchrotron Radiation In Natural Science – Bulletin of the Polish Synchrotron Radiation Society as well as other post-conference materials (publications in international journals) and educational materials (in Polish).
worth to read
On the 12th – 13th of October 2023, the Institute of Nuclear Physics PAN in Krakow together with the Institute of Physics PAN in Warsaw will organize a workshop entitled: “XFELs for beginners”, with the aim to familiarize young scientists with the subject of research and measurement methods at X-ray
It is with profound sadness that we inform you of prof. dr hab. Jacek Szade passing on March 1, 2023. A longtime employee of the Institute of Physics University of Silesia in Katowice, as well as a member of Polish Synchrotron Radiation Society, where he was very active for the
Statement of the Board of PSRS in relation to the situation in Ukraine The Management Board of the Polish Synchrotron Radiation Society condemns the hostilities of the Russian Federation in Ukraine, and calls on the Belarusian authorities and community to stop actively supporting these activities. We stand in solidarity with
The 15th International School and Symposium on Synchrotron Radiation in Natural Science – the 30th Anniversary of the Polish Synchrotron Radiation Society. Conference sessions: Recent trends in synchrotron instrumentation, New methods and a combination of techniques, Advances in theory, software, and data analysis, Structural biology, and chemistry, Life science and
We are pleased to announce that the recruitment for the Ph.D. program in the field of biomedical sciences has started. The deadline for submissions is June 8, 2021. The program is run by the Jagiellonian Center for Experimental Therapeutics (JCET), the Małopolska Center of Biotechnology (MCB) and the Solaris National